I got my first rejection email today... unsurprising given the experience required for that job, but disappointing nonetheless. so I'm continuing the quest to find something in a place I love. madison, nashville, nyc and vegas are among my top cities, and austin is starting to look appealing too.
it is really difficult to find work in the computer science field when your major is a language. if I had the last four years to do over again I'd take that first semester and run with cs like the wind, maybe minor in spanish, get a cs advisor so I too could have a legitimate internship, and come out not looking like a wet-behind-the-ears rookie who's had a schizophrenic career path change. but I can't have them back, so I'm stuck with the track record of figuring out cs was for me in my 3rd-to-last semester, trying so hard to minor that I sabotaged my transcript, and ultimately emerging with nothing to show for it.
I just wish I could throw all that into a cover letter and have someone understand where my heart really lies, but it's probably too much to ask.
I'll be less of a debbie downer next post, I swear. getting rejected outright just sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment