hello! I've just reached the intersection of 'back from an overnight tournament' and 'remotely awake,' so here I go! (warning: if you don't play ultimate, your eyes may glaze over. but if you think ultimate players are 'a buncha hippies,' you may want to keep reading anyway. *cough* dan.)
so, first big news: I LAID OUT!! 1.5 times! the .5 was when I caught someone's ridiculous throw, then intentionally semi-laid-out to keep it in my hand. but the 1! I may have bid a split second too late, but I intentionally threw myself sideways and completely disregarded my self-preservation instincts for the disc. I call it a win. I am still finding turf chunks inside my clothes.
I'm starting to get my mojo back on d! not entirely, madison girls are hella fast, but I've been challenging more and totally ninja-sky'd a girl while running on empty. and I can totally handle jukes again, which is wonderful.
speaking of running on empty, I think I've finally broken through my wall! the wall you hit when your muscles won't do what you tell them to, you can't catch your breath and everything you do hurts. I'd always been amazed by people capable of disregarding that fatigue, and now I can! so good!
and last but definitely not least: cutter zen. (if you don't play ultimate, ask. I'm not self-harming.) though I signed up to handle at the tournament due to being woefully out of shape, I figured I'd cut occasionally and even planned on begging for it. well during one point, I had a possession's worth of awesome. for all that I love cutting, I've never had that flow/zen/whatever you want to call it, but it happened. everywhere I went, cutting or clearing, I was a threat. every time I made a move it was to exactly the right spot, right when someone needed me there. and I was always open. so, so, so good!
I call it a triumphant, if sore, return to the ultimate scene :)
2 comments:
I'm so happy! Guess what! I'm cutting now...and Ralph has put me in the cup. It's an interesting change, no?
--blake :)
whaaaaaaaaaaaat.
now how's that going?? I'd be puking...
Post a Comment