11.16.2010

speaking of dreams...

"I hate dreaming. Because when you sleep, you wanna sleep. Dreaming is work, you know--there I am in a comfortable bed, and the next thing you know I have to build a go-kart with my ex-landlord." - Mitch Hedberg

this is how I feel about sleep at the moment. every morning I wake up dead tired from exhausting dreams in which I'm in the worst scenarios I could possibly come up with. and the rest of each day, of late, I fight off a bunch of physical symptoms of further mental unrest. I've got headaches every day (I don't get headaches. ever.), and heartburn, and tinnitus, and I'm freezing and restless and have random aches and pains. I'm hitting a point where I'll do anything to just have a job and be not-here and preferably exercise, so my mental health can recover.

I find it absolutely fascinating what your body and your subconscious will do to hash things out for you when your conscious brain can't. that said, I'm cool with the physical stuff, they make pills and warm sweaters for most of it. .....but does anyone know how to avoid dreaming?

No comments: