hooray, ultimate!
I got to play some indoor ultimate yesterday, and the results were entirely awesome. of course, I hadn't packed appropriate clothing, so I wound up wearing a white-on-white-plus-converse ensemble that made me look like a pre-schooler who'd insisted on dressing herself. but sartorial failure aside, I finally 1) got my hair into a ponytail! and 2) had an experience I'd been waiting for for four years--the one where you haven't touched a disc in days/weeks/months, don't warm up, and the first forehand you throw in-game is still solid gold.
I think that game (term used loosely here) was also the wakeup call I needed. excuses be damned, I have to eat better and exercise. I'd forgotten how awesome it feels to sprint down the field, out-juke a large man, really stay on somebody on d, and be sore the next day. I'd also forgotten how gross it feels to know exactly what crappy food is sitting in your stomach as you're gasping for breath and know it shouldn't be there.
in other news, I quite enjoyed my job interview (though I may have bungled a bit of it :[ ), and I continue to pray to everything I can think of that this job takes me--it's so awesome. keep your fingers crossed for me!
1 comment:
Hooray ultimate!
(hooray visiting pants!)
Post a Comment