hey hey hey, who knew I could force myself to be functional at ungodly hours?? I sure didn't! but I'm actually totally fine with waking up before the sun after only 4 days. sweet! and I have awesome coworkers (and I'm not plugging that just in case they come here from facebook--it's actually true).
I'm starting to settle into a groove; I'm already buying awesome groceries I couldn't afford in summer 2009, and I'm going to any and all events that present themselves and finding my way around this particular part of the city. despite having lived here for months at a time, multiple times, I still didn't imagine I'd get adjusted this quickly. huzzah!
on another note, my sister has perfected the art of the slow-motion shit sandwich. over the course of several hours or days, she'll start off with hugs and flattery and how great it is to see you, then say/do something egregiously out of line, then end with how she's glad you're doing so well and she should bring the kids over some time. lessons learned here: don't let her drive so I always have an out; oh-so-politely asking her to specify/clarify will make her stop; save up every one of these incidents for later guilt trip use. that's my art. >:]
No comments:
Post a Comment