9.13.2011

my apologies to the two people who read this thing

...if there are even two of you left, that is.

anyway, I have been extremely busy of late — sectionals is this weekend, and we're launching part of our new site soon, so there's a lot of stress in my life. remarkably, in spite of what everyone thinks (i.e. that I'm a complete spaz), I've been pretty calm about it all.

the fact that I'm on my club team's b roster for sectionals probably has a lot to do with that. I can focus on rehabbing my body rather than trying to cross-train or something this week, and I know if I screw up once or twice I'm not putting regionals on the line. sure, it won't be as fun knowing there's a 25-50% chance that a receiver will bobble or get d'd on any pass I throw, but I think they made the right decision putting me here on account of my injuries — now there's no pressure to overcome the physical limitations I've recently acquired; I just have to give 100% of what I've actually got.

but enough serious talk. I'm playing 4 nights a week in fall league, with two of those nights *cough* monday/wednesday *cough cough* being much more fun than the others. :P I found an amazing gluten-free oreo substitute should I ever get terminally depressed about not being able to eat cake at work. and my collection of awesome and ridiculous shoes has just gotten a new addition — 4" gray, faux-suede, peep toed stiletto booties with zippers running all across the body of the shoe. I apologize to anyone from college whose mind may have just short circuited.

I will leave you with two things:
  1. you know you're a geek when you can type   more than twice per second.
  2. forget the electra complex — what the hell does it mean when you crush on someone with a distinct physical resemblance to your grandfather in his youth??

.....god help me.

No comments: